You can attach files to each task via adding a new comment. Comments can contain any type of file – photo, document, PDF, mp3 etc. Uploaded attachments will show up in the discussion straight away with a great preview or small preview.
Three ways to upload files …
- Drag and Drop to the editor window: Drag by the mouse any file (or more at a time) and pull it into the text editor and it will be uploaded within your comment.
- CTRL (CMD) + V: Copy the picture to the clipboard, then paste it directly into the text editor while writing a comment. You can also paste content from the clipboard through the context menu of the mouse (right button).
- Via the Attach File button: The button is in the top text editor bar. Click on it and select one or more files you want to join to the comment.
Freelo & Dropbox, Google Drive etc…
Even though Freelo is not connected to any cloud storage yet, you can upload shared links to any cloud service without any problems. In the near future, we are going to fully integrate the most used services. #staytuned
Other frequently asked questions
What happens to my text and files when I close my browser window without saving it?
We thought about this situation. This can happen in the following cases:
- In task discussion: added text and uploaded files will wait for you to just open the window again.
- On the detail of the project when adding a new task: itemized task will stay there as in previous case.
- In the new task window, which is called with the plus icon in the blue bar: If you have text in this window, we warn you when youre closing the window by saying that you should not close the window. It is up to you will listen to us :-). If you press the Esc key for the first time, nothing happens. If you squeeze it twice, then we close the window and the text will be irreversibly gone.
How can I download all the files in the comment section at once?
Every comment in Freelo that has more than one file will appear link on the bottom of the page Download All Files in Comments section. Click on it and start downloading a ZIP file with all the files that are in the comment.
How can I download all files in the entire discussion?
In the right part of the discussion, there are links. If the discussion contains any files, the Download All Files link appears. Click on it to download the ZIP file. This includes all the files that appear in the comments in this task.